NWW Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower head or 5-6 cups of cauliflower florets.
- Remove the stems
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt to taste
Directions for Cauliflower Prep
- Fill a large saucepan or pot with enough salted water to come right below a steamer basket fitted over it.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket and fit on top of the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Reduce water to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, until cauliflower is very soft and mushy.
Directions for Mashed Cauliflower
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 90 seconds
- Place the cooked cauliflower, sauteed garlic, butter, cream cheese, and salt into a food processor or blender.
- Puree for 2 minutes until completely smooth.
- Drizzle some melted butter on top if you’d like.
The recipe serves two!
Incorporating vegetables into your diet ensures your body gets the micronutrients it needs! Remember to eat the rainbow.
Looking for quick meals and snacks for your young athlete or busy lifestyle? Check out one of our popular, “no cooking required” blogs for athletes!” Wendi also provides several gems in our most recent blog, “A Student-Athlete’s Guide to Healthy Eating on the Road“.
In good health and wellness,
Wendi Irlbeck, MS, RDN, LD, CISSN
Wendi Irlbeck, MS, RDN, CISSN is a registered dietitian nutritionist and performance coach. She utilizes evidence-based science to tailor nutrition programs for athletes to optimize performance, minimize health risks, and enhance recovery from training while focusing on injury prevention. She partners with parents, sports performance staff, and special needs and recreational athletes to offer nutritional guidance and optimal athletic performance and lifestyle plans. Wendi provides virtual services and on-site nutrition counseling. Wendi works with clients of all levels and ages across the US as well as Canada and the UK. You can find more about Wendi and scheduling an appointment here.
Testimonials of Wendi’s expertise from partnering with colleges, coaches, parents, young athletes, and high school administrators can be found at the testimonial link on our website. Follow Wendi on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more nutrition information.