Summer Avocado- Quinoa Salad
- 1/4 c cooked quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/2 c arugula
- 4 baby tomatoes
- 5 lemon pepper shrimp
- *dressing of your choice
- *Add grilled chicken, steak, tofu, or a protein source of choice for more protein!!
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Add dry quinoa to water. Cover pot.
- Set quinoa to simmer for 10-13 minutes.
- Add spinach, arugula, tomatoes, shrimp, and cut avocado to a bowl.
- Strain quinoa. Measure out 1/4 c of cooked quinoa for salad.
- Add quinoa to the bowl of ingredients.
- Mix bowl well!
- Add dressing of choice and enjoy!
Overall: 508 calories 47 g carbs 31 g fat 15 g protein
- Shrimp 21 kcal, 0.3 g carb, 0.3 g fat, 4.1 g protein
- Avocado 240 kcal, 12.8 g, 22 g fat, 3 g protein
- Quinoa 170 kcal 27 g carb, 3.5 g fat, 7 g protein
- Spinach 10 kcal, 1.5 g carb, 0 g fat, 1 g protein
- Arugula 2 kcal, 0.4 g carb, 0.1 g fat, 0.3 g protein
- Tomatoes 4 kcal, 1 g carbs 0 g fat, 0.1 g protein
60 kcal 4 g carbs 5 g fat 0 g protein
Autumn M. Bartlett, MSC, RD, LDN
Autumn Bartlett, RD, LDN is a graduate of the University of Florida. Autumn was most recently a sports dietitian for the University of Alabama and was previously employed at Florida Atlantic University. Autumn is a twin and an older sister. Autumn is currently pursuing her master’s in Sports Nutrition.
Previously, Autumn represented Florida at the SEC Cross Country Championship and South Regional Championship in 2017. Her nutrition specialties include sports nutrition for all athletes but especially XC/TF, fat loss, muscle gain, disordered eating, gluten allergies, and other food sensitivities working closely with families on meal prepping, hormone health, obesity, and women’s health.