- 1 eggplant diced into small cubes
- 2 cups Rao’s marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and thyme
- 4 roughly 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup King Pork panko or panko of choice
- 4-6 oz of thinly sliced mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 cups spinach
Making the eggplant Parmesan:
- Eggplant: Peel and dice one small eggplant into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Marinara: Use good-quality marinara *I like Rao’s
- Salt and thyme to season the chicken four small boneless, skinless 4-6 oz chicken breasts
- Egg: Beat one whole egg
- Panko: Use Pork King Good or your choice of panko
- Cheese: Thinly slice six ounces of fresh mozzarella
- Basil: Chop fresh basil. Yes, fresh is best
- Spinach: Add spinach (more is always better)
Making the Chicken Eggplant Parmesan
- Prep the Chicken: Pound the chicken to even thickness and season with salt and thyme.
- Dredge the Chicken: Put the panko and egg in large shallow bowls. Dip the chicken in the egg, letting the excess drip off. Next, dip it into the breadcrumbs.
- Eggplant Marinara: Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce over medium heat in a large deep skillet. Once it simmers, add the eggplant, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until it’s soft. Add in spinach.
Preheat the oven to 450°F, and spray a large baking sheet with EVOO.
- Place the breaded chicken on the pan and lightly spray it with EVOO or coconut oil
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove it from the oven.
- Spoon some sauce and cheese over each piece and bake for 5-7 more minutes to melt the mozzarella. Add extra spinach, garlic, and rosemary to the top
Serves 4: Roughly 460 kcal per slice, 45 g of protein, 25 g of carbs, 20 g of fat