For those looking to satisfy a salty yet savory craving, this is a recipe for you! Please give my sweet potato chips a try as a great side dish, appetizer, or afternoon snack! Be sure to pair with high-quality protein like string cheese, hard-boiled eggs, or deli turkey slices.
- 2 medium or large sweet potatos
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 1-2 tsp. fresh or dried thyme
- 1-2 tsp. oregano
- Salt and cracked black pepper or coarsely ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes very thin into rounds or small wedges. (1/8-inch slices).
- In a medium bowl, mix the sweet potato slices with olive oil until fully saturated. Add the seasoning and mix well! You can also use a Tupperware container with a cap to mix the ingredients sufficiently. Be sure to check the Tupperware container’s cap is tightly sealed and shake!
- Uncap and arrange the slices on the baking sheet without overlapping the potatoes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through. Bake until golden brown or crisp to desired texture. Let the slices cool to room temperature!
**Serves 3-4 people
When you make these please snap a photo and tag me on social media using the tagline #Eattherainbow #Haveaplant #Nutritionwithwendi and I will be sure to share it and send you a little something special!
God bless and enjoy this delicious recipe. It pairs well with literally ANYTHING! If I had to make a suggestion I would say steak, chicken, or fish. Be sure to follow us on Instagram for other yummy recipes.
In good health,
Wendi Irlbeck, MS, RDN, CISSN