- 4 Eggs
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pit and place avocado halves on a sheet pan fit for roasting.
- Crack the eggs into the avocado space where you removed the pit.
- Roast for roughly 20-minutes. Remove from oven and season with chives, cayenne, and sea salt. Zest of lemon over the top as well as the salad to be served with olive oil or vinaigrette of choice.
- Serve with a salad or lean protein and mixed greens. My suggestion: (Chickpea, quinoa, spinach, radish, cabbage, edamame, diced peppers, sliced Roma tomato, feta cheese, 2 oz of grilled chicken or flank steak with grated black pepper)
The recipe serves two!
Make sure to always power up your day with protein and produce at the very least along with plenty of quality carbohydrates to support good energy levels, and fight the risk of disease!
Looking for quick meals and snacks for your young athlete or busy lifestyle? Check out one of our popular, “no cooking required” blogs for athletes!” Wendi also provides several gems in our most recent blog, “A Student-Athlete’s Guide to Healthy Eating on the Road“.
In good health and wellness,
Wendi Irlbeck, MS, RDN, LD, CISSN
Wendi Irlbeck, MS, RDN, CISSN is a registered dietitian nutritionist and performance coach. She utilizes evidence-based science to tailor nutrition programs for athletes to optimize performance, minimize health risks, and enhance recovery from training while focusing on injury prevention. She partners with parents, sports performance staff, and special needs and recreational athletes to offer nutritional guidance and optimal athletic performance and lifestyle plans. Wendi provides virtual services and on-site nutrition counseling. Wendi works with clients of all levels and ages across the US as well as Canada and the UK. You can find more about Wendi and scheduling an appointment here.
Testimonials of Wendi’s expertise from partnering with colleges, coaches, parents, young athletes, and high school administrators can be found at the testimonial link on our website. Follow Wendi on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more nutrition information.